"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."
- Anonymous

Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekly Round-Up

Last week I did a Never Ever Have I... post and asked you all to give me a never ever have I of your own so I could get in on the fun and drinking games

I received 5 responses

Angela said:
Never ever have I worn a race shirt before I ran the race??

Kitzzy said:
Never ever have I shot a snot rocket

Mandy said:
Never ever have I ran when it was over 100 degrees

Suz said:
Never Ever have I run a race with friends

KKB said
Never Ever have I had a DNF

Sadly I haven't done any of these either so there will be no chocolate cake shots for me this Super Bowl Sunday but I did have fun reading your comments and may do a similar post in the future (what can I say I determined to find a reason to drink). Now on to the...

Great things going on in the Blogworld
Race Reports

Running With the Girls
One Run Away
Life as A Running Mom
Canadian Runner in Exile
Moments that Make a Life
Age Groups Rock
Westford Mommy
Proud Patriot

Challenges, Virtual Runs & Bloggy Swaps

If you head over to Shut Up & Run you can can sign up for the "Running for Sherry" Virtual Race.

Erica over at Life as a Running Mom is hosting a Leap Year Virtual Run it only happens once every 4 years so you don't wanna miss out. :)

The Detroit Runner is hosting the 2nd Annual " I Just Felt Like Running" Virtual Race
If you stop by Moms RUN This Town or Green Plate Run you can join their 2012 Challenge for Change. Each month they will have a different list of Fitness & Healthy Eating Challenges, their February Challenge includes a Healthy Heart Virtual 5k/10k.

Whitney over at Live Run Love Yoga is running the Boston Marathon in April and you can help her raise money for her Team in Training team and as an added bonus be entered to win some great prizes.

Giveaways

Run with Jess: Click 2/14
From Fat to Finish Line: Montel Healthmaster Elite 2/9
Moore on Running: Sport Science 2/19
Living the Dream: Chobani Champions 2/??

Have a Great Week and Happy Running

1 comment:

proudpatriot07 said...

Can you post my race recap? It's located here: http://proudpatriot07.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/polar-bear-race-recap-weekend-fun/

Thanks!